EDWARDIAN DIAMOND AND NATURAL PEARL BRACELET
This attractive, elegant and eminently wearable bracelet was made circa 1910, at a period when jewellers were still using a 'sandwich' of an 18ct gold back with a platinum front, a throw-back to the time when the only white metal available to jewellers was silver. Platinum came conveniently into general use around 1900, but later oieces wouuld have been made in all-platinum, there being no real reason for this costly form of manufacture. The bracelet is a series of navette and X-shaped segments, set with small brilliant-cut diamonds and 4 graduating to 5mm natural (un-tested) pearls, millgrain set in platinum, with a gold back. The bracelet itself very slightly graduates. Width: 7 5/8 inches:195mm - a little longer than average.